Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Last North Carolina Trip of 2009 Preview

I've changed my mind and have decided to post every now and then on here in addition to my new blog on www.racing-reference.info for the time being.

I've been waiting three months for this trip (I was planning on going in September, but mother nature had other plans)! Looks like Ida will pass through and hopefully cause little harm and the weekend is looking beautiful. I'm heading down Thursday and stopping first in Race City USA, Mooresville North Carolina. I'll be doing some touristy things, at the least visiting a few race shops and the North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame. It's probably not the best week to visit the shops since the teams will be heading out to Phoenix, Arizona this week, but it will still be fun.

Then Saturday, I'll be heading to the historic Hickory Motor Speedway for the ISCARS (former Goody's Dash Series) season finale doubleheader in which the top three are only separated by eight points, including two rookies! The classic East Coast Flathead Fords will be there as well and I'll get to see them for the first time. One other thing I'll be looking forward to is the fact that I won't have to hear Jimmie Johnson's name mentioned every five seconds, haha!

Overall, it should be an exciting weekend. I'll make another post with links to photos and videos that I take upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment