Sunday, August 23, 2009

Crushed By Quads!

So things didn't go incredibly well on Saturday, but I guess I can't complain. The race I was planning to go to was canceled Saturday morning due to rain in the forecast so I had the whole day to devote to poker. The Borgata qualifier was going well and I was ahead in chips and satisfied with the way I played until one hand in the middle stages of the tournament:

I get dealt KJ and three players see the flop: AA9, everyone checks. Turn is a K, big blind bets. Player to the right of me asks how much he has and looked like she was ready to raise until she just called. At this point, I thought she had an A and I should have just folded, but I call to see the turn. River is another A and the big blind puts out a decent sized bet. I was not convinced that this guy had an A just by the way he played the hand. Girl to the right thinks for awhile, which means she doesn't have an A, and finally folds. Just in case my instincts are wrong I just call. I was wrong and he flips over an A, and my chip stack is crippled. I spent the next hour and a half trying to double up, keep up with the blinds, and stay alive, but ultimately I was knocked out with about 17 players remaining. Oh well, there's always next time!

Later at the Watering Trough I was doing really well and catching cards and for awhile thought that I could possibly win two in a row there, but things went downhill at the final table and I finished seventh. However, the $10 bounty went to a good player.

On Monday night at the Watering Trough I have another chance at winning a seat in an Atlantic City tournament. In the racing world, I'm considering going to two races on Labor Day Weekend: 1. dirt racing at Big Diamond Raceway Friday night, 2. Mountain Speedway Sunday afternoon.

Once again, we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment