Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Weekend

This past weekend was eventful to say the least. Saturday night was the "Clyde" at Clyde Martin Memorial Speedway and all week up through Saturday morning there was a very little to no chance of rain. Of course I check the weather forecast 15 minutes before I leave and there is a thunderstorm watch and an 80% chance of rain from 7-8pm! Of course it rained following the heat races and then once the track was dried they got the first feature race under way and it started raining again. Luckily, the track crews do all they can to get the race in and close to 1am the features were finished. Some great micro sprint races I must say! Article and results are available at www.lancomicrosprint.com.

Sunday was the team heads up tournament in Pottstown and we "won" the first round...we ended up getting a bye! In the second round my team carried me to victory. Despite my loss, I didn't go down without a fight. I think we were the only second round pair that was still playing at the end of the match. In the next round I beat the defending TOC grand champion, but unfortunately my teammates didn't win and we fell into the losers bracket of the double elimination tournament. In the next round I played the TOC Day 2 winner. Unfortunately my teammates had some bad luck and lost their matches and we were eliminated, so my match didn't really matter. However, I kept playing and was ahead in chips and ended up "winning". I now have a 6-2 record in heads up matches.

This weekend isn't going to be too exciting. I'll be getting my car ready for traveling to the PASS South race at Orange County Speedway the following weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment